The CACT -Centros de Arte, Cultura y Turismo- the Official Art, Culture and Tourism Centres of Lanzarote, want to welcome the summer with new opening hours and offering an enriching experience for the visitor with a full programe of music, culture and gastronomy.
From the 1st of July to the 30th of September the Centres will be open as follows:
- Montañas del Fuego: from 09.00 to 18.45 h. The last Volcanoes Route is at 18.00 h. The CACT suggest to visit from 9.00 to 10.30 h and from 15.00 to 17.45 h to avoid queues and if you need to choose one day, pick Sundays.
- Cueva de los Verdes: From 10.00 to 19.00 h. The last guided visit is at 18.00 h. The CACTs suggest to visit between 15.00 and 17.00 h to avoid queues.
- Jameos del Agua: Open from 10.00 to 18.30 h. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays, open from 10.00 to 00.30 ho. The CACT suggest to visit from 10.00 to 11.00 h and from 15.00 to 17.00 h to avoid queues.
- Mirador del Río: Open from 10.00 to 18.45 h.
- Jardín de Cactus: Open from 09.00 to 17.45 h.
- Monumento al Campesino: Open from 09.00 to 17.45 h.
- Museo Atlántico: Open Monday to Saturday from 10.00 to 16.00 h and on Sundays from 10.00 to 14.30 h.
- MIAC Castillo de San José: Open from 10.00 to 20.00 h. Coffee Shop and Cocktail Bar, open from 10.00 to 20.00 h and on Fridays and Saturdays from 10.00 to 01.00 h. The Restaurant is open from 12.00 to 16.00 h (Tuesday to Saturday) and from 19.00 to 23.00 h on Fridays and Saturdays.
- La Casa Amarilla: Open from 10.00 to 20.00 h from Monday to Friday and from 10.00 to 14.00 h on Saturdays.
The best summer music offered by the CACT is, undoubtedly, the Jameos Music Festival 2017 which we already wrote about earlier this year: http://www.lanzaroteinformation.com/content/jameos-music-festival-2017.
On the food front, the new offerings this summer are available at the Jameos del Agua Restaurant and the Qué Muac Restaurant at the Castillo de San José in Arrecife.
Additionally to the regular options at El Diablo Restaurant at the Montañas del Fuego where they make the most of the heat from the volcano to cook and and the island's sea and land produce keep being the star at Monumento al Campesino, the Restaurant at Jameos del Agua add a third night to the Noches de Jameos, where you can enjoy the gastro-musical nights where timple music is paired with tasty food on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Also, betwen the 5th and the 22nd of July there will be, not one, but two menus to choose from at the Noches de Jameos.
On the other hand the Qué Muac Restaurant is working against the clock to renew some of the dishes on their menu that will be available on their Cenas del Museo.
Last, but not least, there is a exhibition at the MIAC, the Museo Internacional de Arte Contemporáneo, at the same Castillo de San José in Arrecife entitled "Historia de un incidente".
The "History of an incident" exhibition documents the history of the museum itself from it's inauguration back in 1976. It gives the visitors the oportunity to follow the progress from its shaky beginnings to its consolidation as a unique space in the Canaries in a visual way.
This exhibition will be shown until the 15th of September from 10.00 to 20.00 h.
You can buy discounted entry tickets in advance online here: http://www.lanzaroteinformation.com/content/discounted-entry-tickets-lanzarotes-official-visitor-attractions